PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Holiday yobs terrorise Ryanair flight to Ibiza
Old 9th Aug 2013, 10:05
8eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So where was the Captain during all of this? Surely he/she should have being offering moral support to the cabin crew and refused to take the drunk passengers.

I also blame the airport bars, not for serving alcohol, but for serving alcohol to people who are plainly not fit to travel in an aircraft. At the gate, more vigilance would help in terms of spotting the culprits and then calling the police. Surely the Captain should have spoken to the police and said that he/ she was refusing to take the drunken pax.

Personally, I have a zero tolerance to these sorts of passengers. Their selfish and uncontrolled behaviour make the lives of the other pax a misery and during any potential emergency they could be incapable of taking any sensible actions directed by the cabin crew.

I have always resolutely refused to takes anyone who is drunk. Full stop. I don't care if there is a delay, they go off. Most of the time if you single out one or two and refuse to carry them, the rest will calm down a bit and be a little more sensible. In this case, it has to be the police that ejects them.

So many summmer departures to sunny climes are ruined by these idiots. It's a selfish and horrible trait. There are times, many times when I have landed in Spain or back in the UK and just felt embarrased to be British.