PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAO 100.5 Amendment 13
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2013, 07:15
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are commercial operations other than charter and RPT as you well know.
Owen,
As previously suggested to you, one again I suggest you develop a more nuanced understanding of our present and draft future regulations. Then, an only then, might you develop some understanding of the limitations of a generic expression such as "commercial" operations.

I must say I agree with T28D, there is something very Freudian about your choice of handles.

Tootle pip!!

PS:
Sunfish,
Follow the money, there is more than simple old fashioned bullying that helps keep the various alphabet soup organisations quiet.

In Dick and Boyd's time, part of the AOPA statement of principles was:" Pay your own way and have your own say". AOPA was entirely financed by members' funds and profit from the magazine.
Back in the '90s, AOPA got things done by talking a political path, not unsuccessfully brown-nosing the bureaucrats. A number of successful campaigns to have dis-allowance motions pushed through had a salutary effect in CASA. The successful campaign against fixed ELT (with their 95% proven failure rate) legislation saved owners (in then dollars) around $16M. Just two examples.

Last edited by LeadSled; 9th Aug 2013 at 07:31.