PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - casa - The mc-comick view
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2013, 05:39
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is particularly so when the CASA Schedule 5 (which I assume was developed way back when CASA Airworthiness staff were helpful people) is utilised.
One Eye,
You give CASA credit, when none is due. Schedule 5 is largely FAR 43, Appendix D copied, plus a few bits of OZ bulldust, such as:

Schedule 5, para 2.7

Unless otherwise indicated in the table, where the table requires a thing to be inspected, the inspection is to be a thorough check made to determine whether the thing will continue to be airworthy until the next periodic inspection.
I have been around the aviation business in particular, and life in general, for quite a long time, this is the only time I have come across a situation where mandatory clairvoyance is required by regulation.

And make no mistake, we have cases on record where CASA has prosecuted a LAME after an serviceability well in to to 100 hours on an MR.

As to the criticisms of Schedule 5 (it disappears in the new GA maintenance suite, as far as I can see, despite comments by Mr. McCormick that FAR 43 works -- I wonder does he know what his minions are doing??) common in CASA, that is because Schedule 5 is not allowed to work properly, as FAR 43, Appendix D, works.

Tootle pip!!