PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career In Avaiation - What's the best way?
Old 8th Aug 2013, 19:39
Pilot94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Career In Aviation - What's the best way?

Hi everyone, to start of with I have to say I didn't know where to post this question since it's about more than one thing, but hopefully you guys here will be helpful.

I'm 19 and a CAA/FAA PPL holder and at the moment I'm at "Hour Building" stage before continuing with my training.

I heard a lot about how hard it is to get an Airline job these days and since I have only started training I want your help to let me chose best option for me to have a greater chance of getting in to an Airline. My original plan was to go modular and apply for an airline but a lot of people say I don't have a lot of chance to get a job at the end of that, so it's just a waste of money so I'm not sure what I should do.

So my choices are:
- Keep doing what I'm doing and continue modular before looking for a Job.

- Go to University from September to do Aircraft Engineering Degree, then after university continue modular flight training and start looking for a Job.

- Go modular but do as much as possible at good flying schools, as I should be able to afford to do integrated ATPL's at OAA (I'm on about just the exams) then some good school for MEL-CPL if anyone can recommend one?

- Apply to R.A.F. for Flight Crew.

The optimal goal is to get paid for flying an Airplane so I would really appreciate your opinion guys, as my decision time is approaching like a concord. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Pilot94; 9th Aug 2013 at 16:25.