PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trimmed Turns
Thread: Trimmed Turns
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2003, 21:10
cpt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beeing rather new on the "76" I realize I cannot have a better opportunity than this forum, to ask some questions about its "standart" AP. My "shadow areas" (amongst others) are:
1/ When testing the coolie hat and the trims after start, we have to observe the deflections of galvanometers needles on the 2 lanes. That works well in roll, a little less in yaw but why do we have to apply "short and rapid movments" on the cyclic pitch to test pitch actuators ? (I don't have the flight manual with me and the terms are maybe not the exact ones)
I have never seen a deflection in doing this. Delections rather occur when maneuvring the coolie hat in pitch.
Is it something I have misunderstood in the flight manual? (english is not our mother tongue here, as you probably have already guessed !!!! )

2/ Recently our yaw damper went unserviceable, therefore with the "phase 3" capability, but we barely noticed any difference in yaw even with the "phase 3" selector switched on ( maybe must be switched "off" to operate the yaw lane "open loop"with less authority on actuators ? )

I personnaly make my turns with the coolie hat in night/IMC on the "76" but I rather do that against the trims on S365's. Once again thanks for your highly valuable explanations!