PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2013, 09:10
al-vin-thechipmunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no interest in Proviation aside from the fact I *used* to work in the pilot supplies sector and found them great guys to work with and highly regarded by their suppliers.

What a bare faced cheek to start a company in an established sector! Actually, they boosted falling sales.

And I tell you what- only a successful, busy company is going to have mishaps. They've told you they're busy. And growing. And taking on staff. If you think PPrune or review sites are a representative sample then you don't know ecommerce. Statisticians much clevererer than me tell you most happy customers don't say they're happy. Unless they're European. Who are by far the best customers I ever dealt with!

The people who complain on here... From what I can make out you got your goods. Or you were refunded. The company even picked up your unwanted goods from you. All companies go out of stock. Well it's the internet- fast sales, late deliveries- manufacturers tell fibs! It happens! Forward planning on stock management requires an element of trust that things will work out. It is a massive time committment

I worked for a BIG company. It happened to us too. But we were forgiven and not trounced about the web- probably- because of our size. I was never not able to speak to someone at Proviation. They've got about 3 numbers and emails and a live chat. If they're busy call again!

From what I can see customers have been on here and said they were happy. Well Google some stats on customer feedback ratios and that'll tell you something about Proviation's largely content customer base. Then ask yourself how it can be that some companies have zero bad feedback. None. Nada... !

We're aviators- yes. Aviation is our prized possession. Some of you are aloof about it. We don't want or expect our aviation supply companies to become like Amazon. We want personable- want a chat with the guy (or gal) about, I don't know- something flying related. This to me is a good service. Especially when for the most part things then go off without a hitch and I'm happy to support any company other than amazon.

If the British consumer is now perpetuating and regurgitating bad views on a company like this and actually using it as a conversation piece then thank god I'm in insurance now...(joke. Please, don't cruelly hunt me for sport for my comments). They've (Prov) even been on here to apologise and give background. They shouldn't have bothered, or wasted their time with the justification if it results in some of the very personal attacks perpetuated here. This isn't a courtroom. It's not even an interesting thread if we're honest!

So again. You got your goods. Or a refund. You would have got an apology, I'm certain of that. Probably they offered to sell you their souls or bend over backwards to let you walk over their hunched spines.

Because I'll tell you this- when I dealt with them- by god did they pull out the stops if a customer had a late delivery or missed deadline!! Drop-shipping exists! Yes and we all did it sometimes! It's part of serving YOU the customer. Nope we don't go out of our way to help the competition. Yep suppliers want and mainly REQUIRE retailers to hold goods. Proviation's no exception.

Go on other pilot shop websites- they actually tell you in black and white that the item you're looking at WILL, without a doubt, ship from somewhere else!! As a customer- you care why exactly? Did it arrive? Yes. Are you now in possession of your order? Yes.

My wife works for a large well -known department store. She has been known to apologise to a customer for a supplier letting them down. It happens everywhere.
Anyone who suggests otherwise is either naive; simply all about a rant, or is a competitor scoring easy points. And they are dead easy to spot a mile off. I've got TCAS alerts on this thread for sure.