PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retention
Thread: Retention
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2013, 07:24
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@zedder
All I can say to that is "You reap what you sow you completely clueless dickheads".

@Bob
The wheel will keep turning (no matter how wobbly) and those at the top will carry on blissfully unaware of the problem.
I think the military 'top' are all too aware of the problem, but can't do much about it anymore; it's the politicians who are disconnected, and compare ambulance drivers to civil servants to soldiers to binmen. The difference I've always asserted is that the military has 'made do' and got on with it and not enjoyed union representation/negotiation of other govt cut targets, and the 'can do' may now bite the services in the ass when the spare has been spent earlier on. There was still some fat when I was in - the military loves projects and strategic spending - but it won't be until something very serious happens that a route and branch restructure is politically led, that sees, God forbid, the RAF generating aircraft with its resources properly aligned to do so, and starts to clear out all the detritus that has been caught up in its engines since the 90s. I hope nobody gets hurt in the process, but it might take just that sort of shock to embarrass the politicos into action - it normally does.