PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2013, 22:30
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomson Schedule

Thomson Summer 2014
Most of the bases seem to be complete in their schedules except Luton.

I have always thought of Luton myself as a bit of a "lazy 3 aircraft base" myself as some aircraft only do 1 flight in a day or retire for the night quite early/leave quite late in the morning.

The new route to Skiathos from Luton means that according to the current schedule, there will be 4 morning departures on a Friday requiring 4 based aircraft. I would assume one of those 4 flights has to change/be removed unless there is some expansion coming along!?
Sunday's also has four departures in the morning, when I checked a date in June 2014...

Enfidha TOM0750 06.15
Lanzarote TOM5724 07.00
Malaga ZB0000 07.10
Faro TOM5712 08.20

This is just a guess, and I haven't flown with Thomson in quite sometime... But with Luton being quite a big maintenance base for the airline, could it be the fourth aircraft operating on a Sunday morning has been in the hangar the night before undergoing checks, and just utilising it, before it goes off to another base?

I remember when flying back from Mahon about 7-8 years ago, and even though a Thomson flight arrived in from Luton that same aircraft was operating back to Glasgow... The only reason we knew this was that our flight back home was delayed and everyone was questioning why, when the Luton flight had just arrived on time and we was advised the flight for us back to Luton was being operated by the inbound aircraft from Glasgow, but was delayed due to bad weather.

So just maybe the Skiathos flight or one of the other three flights operating that morning is being swapped, to fly back to Luton for maintenance on that aircraft for a few days. As the rest of the Friday schedule can easily be operated with just three aircraft.