PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are most airlines requiring fuel uplift calculations by crew
Old 7th Aug 2013, 09:25
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIXED NUMBER AMONGST VARYING TOTALS.

Cap'n Bloggs, harsh but fair.

I presume we are discussing a variety of types, with greatly varying tankage.

If the ATR off Palermo permitted 300kgs of error tolerance, then that accident could have happened without the wrong guages.

"Total in tanks, to equal within tolerance of 300kg, the calculated fuel", is a plain statement, which I have obviously misinterpreted, so I wait for clarification and education.

Can we have your understanding of this FIXED figure amongst the enormous variety of uplifts every day by a multitude of crews?

Keeping the fuel exhaustion accidents in mind, Alidair Viscount @ Ottery St Mary in UK in 70s, the lbs/kgs Canadian (A300?) deadstick landing, the Tunisian ATR off Palermo and others, I am concerned that in the absence of ones own company quoting HARD tolerance figures that someone reading this thread may go off into the blue accepting the 300kg figure as a useful guideline.

I blame the companies for not specifying this figure in their OMs, strange given the understandable obsession with crew fuel uptakes and the reasons for taking any extra above the CFP figure.

Now I am !!, but put it down to age and too many sectors at night..................