PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA CPL Requirements: Urgent help needed
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2013, 06:10
tume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question that is similar, if someone can help that would be appreciated:

Taken from eCFR:

(3) 20 hours of training on the areas of operation listed in § 61.127(b)(1) of this part that includes at least—

(iii) One 2-hour cross country flight in a single engine airplane in daytime conditions that consists of a total straight-line distance of more than 100 nautical miles from the original point of departure;

(iv) One 2-hour cross country flight in a single engine airplane in nighttime conditions that consists of a total straight-line distance of more than 100 nautical miles from the original point of departure; and

(v) Three hours in a single-engine airplane with an authorized instructor in preparation for the practical test within the preceding 2 calendar months from the month of the test.

I need to meet (iii) and (iv). I think the FAR leaves a bit room for interpretation here. The question is, in order to meet them is it required to have an instructor on board, in other words, could these be solo? Bunch of solo flights are regarded as "training flights". Plus, these two points don't mention "instructor" like the point (v) does.

I am pretty sure I still need those two, really frustrating since I have many solo x-countries over 2h and 100nm, also dual ones with instructor but in a multi engine aircraft.