PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here we go again; PERFORMANCE !! Our favorite topic!
Old 7th Aug 2013, 04:18
Sprucejuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again; PERFORMANCE !! Our favorite topic!

This is an on going question in which I can not find a difinitive answer any where in print. I get lots of feed back on people who think they know the answer, but when I ask for something that I can read in PRINT to get a definative answer.....I'm back to square one.
Here's the question: (Keep in mind I operate Part 91; so 135 or 121 answers I'm not really concerned with.)
Part 25 certifies all aircraft to be able to meet a minimum climb gradiet of 2.4 percent for certification purposes. Now... Let's say I'm taking off out of Bangkok on a hot day of 43 degrees C. I am taking off at a weight in which my FMS gives me a performance alert in yellow; runway requirement is met; however, I can not meet my climb gradient of 2.4 percent. Where does it say anywhere I have to be able to meet that 2.4 percent climb gradiet for takeoff??? I'm not on a SID, so I don't have to make the 3.3 percent (minimum) climb; I'm not on an ODP...absolutely no obstacles out there to worry about. Keep in mind....the AFM does not say you HAVE to meet 2.4 climb gradient (Gulfstream G200).
So do I have to make a minimum 2.4 percent?....or no??. Can I possibly takeoff with a climb gradient ...0f lets say ...2.3 percet and still be legal?? ---If not...Pleas point out to me in Print where I can get that information. Any help would be most appreciated.