PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific email.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 14:36
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Define half way?

If you didn't get an invitation to re submit your application then you are in the "manila folder section", ie your stuff is now printed out and filed.
They don't need your details again. If you did get an email then you will have to re submit and wait with everyone else. Lots of people waiting for flight grading and some who have done flight grading waiting for course spots.

As Suntorytimo said things change quickly at CX. I was told in my stage 2 interview that they were taking 200 cadets in the next 12 months and 4 weeks later I get a congratulations email and a "sorry we aren't recruiting for 12 months" email at virtually the same time. Most people wait from between 6 months to 18 months for an interview.

Seriously though even if you got a stage 1 interview in 3 months time and a stage 2 three months after that and flight grading 3 months after that you would still not even be starting course for 12 months. That would be a record breaking run for a non HKID card holder. Factor in 6 months course and 6 months to check to line, you might be an FO in say, 7 years from now?

I don't think aviation in North America and Europe is going to stay dead for that long. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited by pilotchute; 10th Aug 2013 at 06:21.