PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 13:46
terminus mos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colibri 49, I for one, as someone to whom you probably obliquely refer, have enjoyed debating in the interests of stimulating some discussion to counter the ease with which some seem to accept effete explanations of EC. The debate seems to be getting under your skin.

There can be no better example of a lack of real world testing, even if it only happens at speeds >125 knots on descent, than the MOD45 acquisition with the now 17 spurious MOD45 warnings.

Had this been properly tested in the aircraft by EC, it would and should have been known and software corrected before the modification was released.

It's all very well to say never mind, there there, it is only a software issue or a question of slowing down and changing the descent profile. But how such a lack of real world testing was missed by eminent experts, the OEM and the European regulators shows insufficient application of rigorous procedure and questioning and an acceptance of the EC spin.

I am not jealous nor do I have an agenda other than to be able to honestly answer passengers' questions and right now they are not impressed with the helicopter industry's explanations. Lastly, I don't care what you, HC, or anyone else thinks of my intelligence or perceived lack of it.