PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific email.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 11:51
suntorytimo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, there has been a bit of a shake up in recent months in the aircrew department at Cathay, so things might well be changing. The nature of things with Cathay I find, is that nothing is ever certain, and that goes for both ends of the scale.

Some things I found interesting about this new email.

1. In all likelihood they have wiped the old database as it is years old, and starting from scratch is easier than reviewing applicants who no longer want to be part of the programme, this is good. (Edit - for a bit more clarification, I think it is good because I don't think they have much difficulty getting HKID card holders through the process. Revamping the database would certainly help them sort through the enormous number of non HKID card holders.)

2. They say to make the application within six weeks, this is very good.

3. Within the new application, there are some changes, including the two essay type questions. (I much prefer the new questions). It seems to be an indication that they are ramping up recruitment.

Any one of these points doesn't mean much by itself, but all together it is quite encouraging. Hopefully they are starting a new recruitment drive so they can hit the ground running as the new orders start rolling in.

Last edited by suntorytimo; 6th Aug 2013 at 12:00.