PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with internet!
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 11:43
RageSaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with internet!

Hello, I sincerely thank you if you help me and read this.

So, for about a year now, every day, my internet decides to stop working. It just turns itself off with no warning until I get disconnected from a game, or the Skype call decides to end itself. My only way to temporarily fix this problem is resetting the router, I am far away so it is incredibly annoying and it sometimes goes down again half an hour or so after it's previous fail.

So I have tried to bargain with my dad, but he doesn't want to get a different internet that doesn't always go down mainly because he can't be bothered. So, I was thinking that, if I find a different ISP or something for my house (please someone explain as I don't know how this works) for around the same price I could persuade him to change. We have a;ready tried changing the router to no avail. We have an AOL broadband router right now and that is our ISP (I think).

Now for the questions.

1. How do I find other ISPs to switch to?
2. Will it fix my internet problem?
3. How do I know my ISP? I have used speed-test and it says talktalk next to my IP, but my dad says he pays the bill to AOL? Can someone explain this?

I live in the UK, near London (hour and a half away).
If there is a website where you can enter you address and find ISPs you can switch to that would be great. A friend who lives in the sam,e village has 8x faster internet that never goes down, so I am pretty sure I can change to a better more reliable ISP.

Thanks a lot for reading.