PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACEVAL stories
Thread: TACEVAL stories
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 08:31
Cubanate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruggen again, mid-Winter. As an MDF Commander I receive a report that a group of protesting 'locals' were preventing 14 Sqn Jaguars from leaving the Sqn dispersal. Arrived on scene to find 'locals' wearing jeans and T-shirts, sitting across taxiway, arms linked, and refusing to move while four Jags were waiting behind them engines running. Identified Ring Leader (RL) and asked him to kindly move and let us get on with the War, otherwise I'd have to take action. RL smiled but said he and his group were going nowhere, and so were the Jags. Called the COC to request the assistance of the Fire Section who duly arrived and thoroughly hosed protesters down. Give them their due, they remained seated despite being frozen to the core and shivering uncontrollably. RL once again declined my request to move and the Jags continued waiting. Drastic measures were now needed so I called the COC to ask for the RAFP Dogs to attend. They did and I pointed out the RL to an enthusiastic Handler and gave him a brief instruction. 'No problem, Sir!' he said and off he went. In less than a minute the RL had a Police dog attached to his upturned arm and the Jags took off. Met RL in the Mess later that day; he was slightly injured and still shivering and told me what a I was. Happily, though, we remain friends to this day.