PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA annual profit plunge of $110 mil
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 06:58
VH-FTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will management learn that pilots are always the smartest guys in the room and should be running airlines...

Some of the above comments are a joke. You lot complain when airlines only cut costs, now you are complaining about someone investing in the airline and improving the product. Yes, a bad result, but this has a long way to play out yet (and isn't quiet like Ansett either).

VA has never been a great investment
True, but name one airline that has ever been a good investment!

Buying Skywest was about the mining boom and getting more regional bums on jet seats between BNE-SYD-MEL-PER. Mining towns were the low hanging fruit, so no wonder they went after these towns first. The company is going to have to work a bit harder now. Buying 60% of Tiger was a strategic move to avoid two LCCs biting at VA's ankles, as well as keeping Singapore Airlines interested.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is getting the election over and done with can only be a good thing for the industry.

Does this mean Il Deuce and his footstool Tanner will engage in some lame HR roadshows ...
Last I heard Tanner was gone. But yes, I think cost control will be the big focus this year. No many pilots will be called off the hold file as a result.