PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 05:52
kmjame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar Airways MPL - CTC

I am writing this as a PPL holder deciding if to chase the "cadet scheme" or the conventional stream of PPL-CPL-MEIR-GA. Based in New Zealand the thought of having to travel to gain experience excites me more far more than it scares me from following my dream.

However, I have been looking into the CTC "Qatar" MPL which from what I understand is one of the closest forms of a guaranteed employment with you signing on with Qatar before training even commences including a trip to Doha to meet and greet. Should I be afraid of committing to this sort of thing? Obviously the money is huge but the bank can solve that problem.

Getting accepted is another issue but being involved in such a dynamite country and airline like Qatar has got to be more appealing than the Jetstar/CX/Virgin/REX side.

Anyone else looking into this? It seems to me like a no brainer way to get into the airline flying. Sure I will miss the glory years of having fun out in the bush, Outback or middle of no-where watching my hour tally climb but the middle east seems like a challenge just as exciting.