PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACEVAL stories
Thread: TACEVAL stories
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2013, 21:31
uffington sb

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Top secret RAF station not too far from Carterton early 80's, with a short and even shorter tempered staish.
Situation: in the WOC during a Minival and NBC black, hoods up and respirators on. Phone rings and Cpl Uffers answers it. It's the GE from the Dulles flight to report it's U/S at Dulles. (This is not long after when senior civil servants had complained about the poor service given to them by the RAF, aircraft breaking down, no free drinks etc and the staish had decreed that an aircraft had to be prepped as a standby, and another prepped as the standby standby.).
Cpl Uffers understanding the gravity of the call, removes helmet and respirator to be able to converse with the GE. Staish on seeing me sans respirators goes into a fit, screaming "get your respirator on" or words to that effect.
Says to GE Call back in five, dons respirator and helmet and walks across to the tote board and writes ' U /S in IAD'.
Staish goes ballistic again, ripping his mask off and shouting at me. I reply in much muffled voice to which he screams " take your respirator off".
I look around the room and even with respirators on, I could tell there was much sniggering going on.