PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training
Thread: PPL Training
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2003, 15:27
higney85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
training poor in the US? well it depends how and where you do your training. Theres the part 60 school and then theres the part 141. 141 is the best route because you fly with different instructors (stage checks) and you are on a syllabus. Minimum for private is 35 hours (141 standards here). The average is 50-60 once its all said and done. If you go and fly every day you could do it in one month (people do that). Next you will want an instrument b/c i dont know one CFI that doesnt have the IR. Under 141 you can jump right into instrument and the standards for time are the same. Under part 61 you must have 50 hours of CC time before you get to log your instrument. Back to 141.. Any time during IR after 35 hours can be logged for commercial time. Commercial is 120 hours. You will have to have a minimum of 200 hours to have a PPL, IR, and comercial rating. I would advise a multi rating (about 2 weeks/15 hours) and then get your CFI,CFI-I, and MEI. You could do that in about 250 hours total.