PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2013, 20:38
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny, many thanks for your Birthday wishes which I am glad to say are somewhat premature. The PPRuNe computer will count inexorably down to the next one, send its personal greetings and then click the meter under my tag over one more unit to mark the March of Time. But kind of you nonetheless.

Your description of the MPN-1 at full chat conjures up a picture similar to that of Compass Rose as Jack Hawkins puts it about in a heavy Atlantic sea with crockery et al sent flying. Who could have guessed that the unflappable voice giving the talkdown was doing so from a washing machine at full spin?
Your ploy of pairing description with MPN11 would seem to be a good one, so that the differences in set up and procedures are the better aired between these two generations (of the kit that is :-). I don't know if that will work out for you both though, it is of course as ever at the discretion of the authors.

Yes, sorry about the size of the "Principles of Radar" tome. There may be interesting snippets to be picked at though, for every possible system at that very early period seems to be covered.

dobbleyew eight, welcome to the fray and thanks for the interesting tale about the Ukrainian flak. "But there wasn't any, Holmes". "Exactly Watson, exactly".