PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apps and W&B spreadsheets for iPhone/Palm/Android/Blackberry
Old 5th Aug 2013, 13:20
Rubaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My instructor and friend developed a very interesting app for Robinson helicopters. It checks the balance in all the crucial parts of the heli. The idea is that to do the full check at a certified dealer is quite expensive and the app helps you to do the test yourself. Obviusly it does not replace high precision equipment however, works quite accurately as I have seen in the several months of testing.

Here is the official description - sorry for the language - but it is written by a person who is not a native speaker.

You disturb vibrations of your helicopter Robinson?

Now you can check up the dynamic balancing of units of your helicopter without a difficult and expensive procedure. For this purpose it is enough to touch to the helicopter in a determinate place by your iPhone and in some seconds you will receive the result. This app allows to check up the dynamic balancing of the main rotor, the tail rotor and the cooling fan of helicopters Robinson R22/R44/R66. You receive vibration levels in inch per second (IPS), you can compare them with reference values from Robinson Maintenance Manual (maximum vibration allowance is 0.2 IPS) after that you send them to the service center on email.

The testing app passed during an adjustment of balancing in the service center where Chadwick-Helmuth equipment was used.

Video instructions of using the application you can find on Aviasoft apps

Note: Application is functioning for iPhone 5 only.

Please note that it only works on iPhone 5!
Here is the link to the app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chec...624527921?mt=8

Comments can be sent directly to the developer. I will sometimes check here for comments as well and pass them on to the developer.

Hope you find it useful.