PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACEVAL stories
Thread: TACEVAL stories
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2013, 08:27
AR1

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
TACEVAL had it's quiet moments too. Not being Aircraft orientated my peaceful moments were during the Aircraft Generation phase and one such moment gave a classic overview of the service hierarchy.

Covert Wiltshire airbase.
Myself as JNCO I/C a 4 man BDR team deployed on the airfield in a 'Bread Van' Sun is shining, all the kit is ready, we're ready - Nothing to do. The Storno crackles into life... New field telephone required in the WOC. Ok we'll take it I says. and off we drive into the tech area. I elect to do the job and leave the lads in the Van, our WO was inside and there was the distinct possibility of a cup of tea. So I trots into the control room and seated at a raised table was an officer, with tables in front of him consisting of SNCO's. Everyone looks at me, and the first thing I notice in the brightly lit room was they were all cammed up.
I get down at the front desk and replace the defective phone. I can hear some muttering going on in the room - Upon finishing I look at the SGT and declare the job done.
Corporal - He replies. Why aren't you cammed up?
No point really SGT, I'm sat in a van out on the airfield.... I slot in any excuse I can but it doesn't wash.
Cam up - he says.
What now? - i reply... Yes he responds.
I look at the WO who flashes a quick grin back at me and shrugs.
RIGHT... I half shout, opening my shirt..
What the hell are you doing?
Well SGT if i'm doing it, I may as well do it properly I glower at those in the room... Spitting in my hands and making a foundation, I apply it to my neck, ears face then draw the tiger stripes across. Happy? I ask. - Yes he replies..

I stomp out of the WOC (No cup of tea) and go back to the van. 3 white faces appear at the window and spontaneously bust into laughter at the Combat ready CPL storming toward them. Opening the door I shout and point with my best Alan Sugar finger..
"You lot - f***g cam up - Now"!

Proof positive - It really does flow downhill.