PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealanders
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2013, 01:11
Rodger T Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air New Zealanders

Hello Air NZers,

I've recently been contacted by HR (People People) from Air New Zealand to see if I am still interested in a SO Jet position. For those that are flying with Air NZ could you find a bit of time to answer some questions I can't seem to get from other sources? I know some of these might be a bit sensitive to post publicly so if you want to PM me that's fine. If you're so inclined to add a phone number, I add be happy to call you to make it a bit easier (based on your schedule).

The Qs:

What is a typical 777 SO roster look?
767?
747?
Is there a good balance of time away to time at home.

The movement from SO LH to A320 looks to vary from 3-12 years depending on who you talk to. Has the movement to A320, I'm guessing domestic, similar to the recruitment movement?

I have an idea of the salary, however are there any allowances?
Per Diem/Duty Travel Allowance?
Loss of licence insurance?
Meal allowance?
Publication allowances?
Other?

Extra Benefits
Flight-I would imagine for spouse and dependents?
Mother/Father?
Others?
ID 90? ID50?
Holiday discount? What does that look like?

Looking through the career website the company looks absolute amazing! With a real focus on staff/customer/morale. Is it as it appears?
Are pilots staying for the length of their career?

In the recruitment process they mention living with in 90 minutes of AKL, is it possible to commute from OZ. I'll move over if offered the position however it may take some time to get the family over, partner a job etc. etc. etc.

I'm really excited about the opportunities that may be ahead of me and want to get as much info as I possible can to make the right choice, although it may not entirely be up to me...

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Rodgy Dodge