PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air for expats
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2013, 19:37
4Banger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
744 FO

I have a class date scheduled with KAL as an FO on the 744. After reading this thread, I must admit that I am very anxious about going. I have heard that experiences as an FO can be quite horrific, but I have also heard about those who's experiences were more than pleasant.

People will ask me why I am even considering going after reading this thread. The answer is, quite honestly, because I have nowhere else to go. I am not marketable to other airlines that pay a decent salary.

People will tell me that I will be treated unfairly, ridiculed, and all but spat on by the Korean nationals. My response would be that I'm not too worried about that. I have flown with difficult Captains, I have a wife that can sometimes be a little irrationally demanding, and I was enlisted in a pretty tough branch of the military. I've got some thick skin and I am very familiar with the concept behind the term, "cooperate and graduate".

I have heard a lot about the 777 on this thread. I would really like for someone to chime in about the 744 training process. How are the instructors on that side of the house? What are some things that I need to look out for as an FO? I know that there are quite a few negative experiences out there, but if someone has something positive to say, it would definitely help out.

Thanks