PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul - selection and terms
Old 4th Aug 2013, 12:07
Jetjockey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Iver.

Yes they have taken non wide body B737 people for F/O position.

Hi STEXUP

Yes you are correct regarding the lifestyle on the NLH T's&C's from the point of view of commuting etc. By their own admission, it is going to be a bun fight initially. Nobody knows yet how the rosters will look, or how much time you will spend in Bangkok or Oslo etc. But in fairness, they tell you that in the interview!

I am fully aware of the setup and am prepared to live that life. I am single and my daughter has now married. I don't need a stable home life or roster. My mortgage is paid and I have money in the bank. For me the setup is acceptable. For a younger married guy or somebody with kids then things would no doubt be different. You want assurances about your future. I am at the stage where I don't need them. Horses for courses. You pay your money and you take your chance. If the T's & C's don't suit, then don't apply. Harsh but fair I think.
I was told about the bank guarantee and have the money sitting ready in an account. I am sure that many cannot or will not raise the cash or get a bank guarantee.

In the last 24 hrs I have been inundated with private messages from guys going to the screening. When I was at the screening plenty of the candidates had friends who were waiting to attend. Quite a few of the people I know that have attended are very experienced people with nice jobs already. For obvious reasons I cannot name names! My initial sim partner was a very senior management pilot from a very large company. Again I cannot give details for obvious reasons, but I was amazed to see him at the screening!

There is no doubt that NLH have plenty of interest in these positions. The only thing I have noticed is that a significant number of those offered positions then have second thoughts and cry off. Personally I don't understand this. There is plenty of information floating about re this job so why do people bother to apply if they are unhappy with the T's & C's? I don't get it! I would be taking the job offer and expecting the worst, if things turn out better then that would be a bonus!

Before anybody asks, no I don't work for NLH or Rishworth. I also don't think I will be offered a position so I have no bias or axe to grind.

Regards,

Last edited by Jetjockey145; 4th Aug 2013 at 17:36.