PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny PAs
Thread: Funny PAs
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2013, 10:09
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA overnight flight, LHR - SIN sector of trip to Perth. On arrival at Singapore "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Heathrow."
Another BA flight, this time SIN - LHR. This time the Captain srode purposefully through the gate two large boxes of orchids in one hand, flight bag in the other and apparently looking straight ahead but in actual fact darting glances around and weighing up the nights passengers. Once on board the cabin crew had little opportunity to make the usual welcome announcements as Captain S boomed out "Ladies and gentlemen welcome etc. We will shortly be taking off in COMPLETELY the wrong direction (consternation from those not in the know, suppressed giggles from those who were) before turning right over XYZ and heading for London. En route we WILL encounter turbulence so keep your seatbelts fastened. This must have been one of the very few flights when we didn't - the turbulence had obviously been warned not to upset his flight. Various other bits and pieces followed culminating in "Now, put down your newspapers and pay attention to the cabin crew and the safety demonstration it is essential for your safety. I always pay attention as it helps me remember what I am supposed to be doing" - or words to that effect. Enjoy your well earned retirement Captain S, your love of flying was apparent to all on that flight and I thoroughly enjoyed it.