PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many sectors do you handfly?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2013, 06:12
Ultra Glide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you need to be in actual IMC to practice an instrument approach. You can practice just fine in VMC. Just don't look outside.

If I'm doing it in IMC I don't think that counts as "practice" I think I'm actually doing it. Not so?

Unless the A/P F/D are of no help at all, I would feel much better sitting in the back of someone's airplane if they would use them in actual conditions.

As an intermediate step, new guys can learn A LOT about hand flying their airplanes with the flight directors on but the auto-thrust should be off for it to be really effective. With auto-thrust on it's almost pointless.

(Edited to fix the font size. Sorry Sabena, didn't know I was shouting. As time passes I have to tilt my head further and further back to get more and more magnification from my progressive lenses... also, I thought ALL CAPS was shouting... also I'm new to posting and I didn't know how it would look... I'm full of excuses and can keep going if need be... stop me before I excuse again! )

Last edited by Ultra Glide; 5th Aug 2013 at 05:18.