PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'AirTanker aims to solve European tanker shortage'
Old 3rd Aug 2013, 17:03
mr snow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone tell me how much it cost the UK taxpayer to finance the hotac and allowances for the VC10 and Tristar aircraft crews, scattered across the globe, unserviceable/ awaiting spares over the years and also, how many service personnel have been delayed as a result of this?
I remember, from my VC10 AGE days, it taking us 10 days to deploy to Nellis to take part in a Red Flag exercise because our K3 went Tech at every stop on the way. When we finally arrived we also had to replace one of the engines! Occurrences like this were commonplace and made life for the engineers very interesting.
I believe that a Tristar recently took several weeks to return to Brize from Red Flag due to technical issues with a main gear door?
Voyagers MAR aircraft have a 98% dispatch rate and the CAR aircraft 99%, which are comparable to civilian airline OTP/ dispatch rates.
The military, SR and civilian personnel who operate and support these aircraft are doing a fantastic job in achieving these figures and are always striving to get our boys and girls home on time every time.