PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACEVAL stories
Thread: TACEVAL stories
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2013, 13:17
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
I was never sure whether it was true, but OC Admin used to 'own' the Aux Rock Ape gang at a certain covert Oxonian aerodrome. They were as keen as mustard and often worked in a proactive manner.

One fine night, they were on external patrol and spotted a dubious looking bunch getting into a black car after filling up at the local petrol station setting off to the north. They duly gave chase and there followed the 'Battle of Burford High Street'. Nothing would stop our gallant Rocks until they'd nabbed their quarry at gun point and after a few blanks had been pooped off....

It took all OC A's negotiating skills to resolve the matter.

The next day I was stood down late at night and was driving quietly through Black Bourton when a Land_Rover full of heavily armed cam'd up Rocks pulled out in front of me...on a public road. I explained the error of their ways to them and they admitted they'd been a bit too keen - but when I mentioned it to OC A the next day he simply groaned, put his head in his hands and asked "Oh god, what have the buggers been up to this time?".

Splendid bunch they were though...

Allegedly, on one occasion in Lincolnshire, a Vulcan mate was 'friends' with a local hotelier, who told him about a block booking which had clearly been made for the TACEVAL team. So, when they duly turned up, the good lady of the inn simply advised them that there'd been a double booking and that there was No Room At The Inn for them....