PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TNT B744F to end
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2003, 07:05
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BRISTOLRE:

Methinks you do protest too much! Clarence Oveur has every right to suspect everything you say for you have a poor track record with TNT information. For example, you told us all that the 744 was 491MC and it was in fact 494MC. You later published a load of bilge about the 733 project.

Now it appears that your source of information is the crewroom in LGG. Which section are you lurking in; the odds and sods section (those who don't work for TNT), the smoking section or the inner sanctum? On second thoughts, it probably doesn't matter for I have heard three different versions of the same rumour going on at the same time! If we were to believe this TNT crew room gossip then, for example, Cougar would by now have a ramp filled with 737s, 747s, Tu 204s, DC-10s and an MD-11!

It is common knowledge that the TNT/Atlas 50/50 project for the 744 is under constant review and it is always possible that you may well be right this time. However, your statement that the crews would be made redundant or trained on the A300 fleet just shows how little you know about the affair.

More than 20 of the pilots are employed by Atlas and I am sure that most of them pull a high enough number to avoid furlough if the aircraft goes back to Atlas. Are you telling me that the 146 guys on the 744 are now going to be retrained on the A300? I very much doubt that. The only guys I can imagine that might possibly be looking for new jobs are a few new ex-SABENA pilots who will at least now have the advantage of some 744 time.