PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul - selection and terms
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 22:24
Jetjockey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer the question asked earlier re the screening.

Just back from the screening in Oslo on Thursday myself.

People very friendly and appear very competent. The interview is very straightforward as is the sim. There are no tricks or catches. You are well looked after and briefed. Time in the sim is a bit tight. You have to get on and work through things quickly. They are watching everything and a lot of writing goes on in the sim. Don't do what I did and treat it like an LPC, you/they don't have that sort of time.

It has been stated on here that they are looking to fill seats and the implication is that they will take anyone. I do not believe that to be the case. They have turned down a large number of people, and many have been rejected at the interview stage for having the "wrong attitude". Some of the other candidates on my screening had quite experienced friends who had been rejected by NLH.
I did well in all areas including the online testing, but fluffed the sim (bad day, ran out of time) so I do not expect to be offered a place. However...... The selection team treated me fairly and did nothing to trip me up or catch me out. I can honestly say that this was one of the most pleasant selection sessions I have attended. An extremely competent Long haul skipper friend of mine attended the screening the day before me. He aced the sim and his interview went very well. He is a well balanced and friendly guy. He also did very well at the online testing. He was offered a place within 48 hrs.
I have been told that I will know by Monday. That's pretty damn quick. None of this keeping people hanging on for weeks on end for NLH.
My experience has been that this is a very well organised selection setup.
Others may speak differently.

To sum it up best I would say that the Norwegian staff want you to pass and will fail you reluctantly. In stark contrast, other selection procedures I have seen have selection teams that want you to fail but will pass you reluctantly.

I cannot/will not knock NLH. The T's & C's are quite clear. If you don't like them then don't apply. If you do apply they will treat you fairly at the selection.

That's all I can say. If anybody wants more detailed info then just PM me.

Kind regards. G.

Last edited by Jetjockey145; 2nd Aug 2013 at 22:51.