PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albania takes Ansett plane
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2003, 02:03
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheNightOwl

It's really very, very simple.

Control of who does what to whom and how, remains in the control of the Creditors, ie you guys.

You, or at least the majority, gave the Unions or whoever by a majority "vote" your proxy to act on your behalf.

Inevitably the "committee" you have appointed become victims of the "Stockholm Syndrome". It is to them to whom you should address your first attention and failing a satisfactory response, replace them.

As I undersdtand it, that proxy can be revoked, that is by an appropriate "vote" of the Creditors, if they are not happy with the results or have misgivings about the way their interest are being handled.

This should have happened way long ago, certainly at the time of the FLEW "fairy tale".

The fact that there did not appear to be ANY legally enforceable "contract" OR "earnest" required, in the form of serious cash deposit monies in return for an "exclusive opportunity" to go see if they could buy an airline using the airline staffs unfunded entitlements for free with a lot of Government blackmail and without actually stumping up with their own hard earned was breathtaking beyond belief.

It is unlikelyy that P & W or any others for that matter would have fallen fo that little beauty.

You gotta remember in the context of the times, that Andersens were in deep self destruct mode at the time, with the partners and staff facing imminent "disemployment".
When you have a big fat plum like the AN Liquidation in your hands, the temptation to keep it alive and as the foundation for your new job would be irresistible to most.

Liquidation Administration whatever is [bsupposed[/b] to be for the benefit of the creditors.

A forensic accountant would be able to put his "finger" on what has actually been going on and as for "legal challenges", I am not one of them buzzards, but as I understand it, "sacking" and appointing another Administrator by a majority of Creditors is no more or less difficult and has the same legal weight as the "sacking" of P & W in the beginning and the appointment of Andersens by your proxies.

The solution, as for most things in life, remains in your hands.

The AN staff were driven onto the guns, for a whole lot of "reasons" and "agenda", mostly political, most of which, no longer have any relevance.

I would suggest that most AN staff have now either gone back to sleep, got another job and got on with it, and/or have resigned themselves to receiving whatever "largesse" the administrators decide to serve up to them, as a bonus.

It may not be too late to ensure, as is often the case, that the income = costs and a mouthful of feathers for the creditors.