PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC? WHY?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 12:33
Conspiracy Theories

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say i have to agree with the above. Only in Spain can the government impose new legislation over night. Lets not forget that i believe AENA found themselves in so much not due to the controller pay, (I mean they did earn a lot but only 1 day off in august amd being forced to come in if needed?).
Then when all this kicked off, they used the controllers as scape goats and told the public in Spain that its because of them that there is this huge deficit.
To this day, the government hasnt come out and said its because of the very poor management of AENA.

With Europe getting involved, i can only see it getting worse I'm afraid and the only thing that is left for controllers is to make sure they do everything by the book in case they go to jail or get heavily fined as is the case in a few European countries now.

The way I look at it is that to be a controller, you used to be a professional person doing a great job to the best of your abilities but I fear Europe is trying to take that away with SES 2+.

The original post suggest that quite a few other agencies do send direct routeings but I dont think it will be a case of bringing Spain up again to what they used to be, my fear is that the rest od Europe will go the same way.......

Sorry, it is a little pesimistic.