PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas' - senior executives face scrutiny
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 11:12
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hysterical?

Angry
The QANTAS group is more than financial
So, which is it? Is QF Int actually profitable, and they are 'magicing' the money away, or is International really the millstone the "Group" says it is? If it's the latter, then what do you think Joyce should do, for the good of the "Group"?
if god forbid, QF Int. was to be shut down then your ticket would be rolled onto an Emirates flight.
I'm looking at the fine print, and I can't see that anywhere. If Int. is split off as a separate entity, what liability does the "Group" hold? What makes you think EK has the capacity to do that anyway? A FAR more likely scenario, in my view, is that all QF tickets would be converted into EK ones, and QF leases the fleet to EK until EK fills the (small) void. (Helloooooo contracts).
Look, I certainly don't wish any ill will, but I think some here need to pick up a copy of "Who moved my cheese?".
I was only yesterday reading an article about the how high AUD has caused a record amount of overseas travel, and that that is over. How much did QF grow their international business during that boom, and how does it look going forward into a decline? Disgusting mismanagement, really.

Last edited by ferris; 2nd Aug 2013 at 11:14. Reason: called 'Joyce' 'Jones' lol