PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London to Sydney by Cherokee (Oct 2013)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 09:20
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Chaps, thanks for the comments ....

Couple of mates of mine have done the trip both ways. Will welcome Plank Bender's input as well ... but it seems to be a changeable situation so the real issue is current info...

Yes arranging (and paying for!) Avgas is an increasingly difficult task... but not yet impossible. It does involve having 44 gallon (sorry, Aus is metric these days: 200L ) drums specially ordered and shipped - so far that is the case for 6x airfields enroute..!

You say Avgas can be expensive, but here in the UK we already pay vastly more than you do in Oz so it doesn't seem as bad for us as it does for you guys ;-)

Cheers Ozzie Auster Driver :-)

It'd be great to meet some of you who are interested as we make our way from Darwin to Sydney. Planning g this (depends on when the wet starts) via FNQ where I have relations I'd like to visit, thence down the East Coast... but if the wet has kicked off, we might have to go Kupang - Broome - west and south coasts...

Lastly please all consider to give just a little if you can on the donations page (this is not to cover my costs, it goes directly to Oxfam to help eg Syrian kids get a drink of clean water) :-)
Everyday Hero UK: The Cherokee Challenge Flight to Australia 2013