PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 Day (20 Flying) / 45h50m PPL(A) Completed at ANT, Blackpool
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 09:08
10002level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done. This takes me back to 1982 when I completed my PPL at ANT on an Air Cadets Flying Scholarship. Four weeks in a B&B at Blackpool and 39 hours for the issue of a PPL. I loved every minute of it and it was an excellent start to my career in aviation. Back then it was Keith Whyham who was running the school, with the Instructors being primarily Bill Robinson and Ian Sixsmith, who I later worked for when he was the CFI at MSF. Great times and I still remember looking down on Blackpool Tower out of the window of the Cessna 152 on my first solo and realising that I was actually on my own in an aeroplane. It is something never to be forgotten, even after 12,000 hours or so flying.

You are now entering into a world that many dream of being, but few actually achieve. Every time you taxi out and see people watching from the the side of the fence, remember that they too would like to be where you are sitting. Never stop learning and always take on board good advice: it is the only thing in aviation that actually costs nothing. Enjoy your flying and keep safe.