PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adagold Aviation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 05:05
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Animalclub
I don't understand the "beef" with Adagold. I've known them for years and chartered aircraft to them on many occasion. Is it the tall poppy syndrome?
Kinda what it looks like from here. All this talk about *greedy* brokers. Well, they're providing a service. Apparently a needed service, or thye wouldn't exist. And for that, seems like they're due a slice of the pie.

My employer works with brokers quite frequently. Personally, my preference would be that my company dealt directly with the client thus getting the whole pie, but the reality is that for whatever reason, the brokers have access to clients that our sales department doesn't, and we want those clients. And on the other end of the deal the brokers offer a service to the client. Imagine being someone in industry with no particular knowledge of the air cargo business who suddenly finds themselves with a time critical cargo shipment. How much time would you spend, finding out what type of aircraft is appropriate for the load and destination, finding operators of appropriate aircraft, and contacting them individually to find out which one had aircraft availability for the charter? You might spend a couple of days on the phone spinning your wheels. Remember, this is a time critical shipment (otherwise you'd be trucking it, or sending it by barge) A broker starts to look pretty attractive to a client like that.

As far as those sniffing that Adagold doesn't have an AOC; So what? Do you have any reason at all to believe that any the charters they broker are not being operated someone's AOC?