PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB to be reviewed by Canadian TSB
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 03:54
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creamy's dreaded lettuce leaf – strikes again.

Nice bunch of folk the Canucks; happy memories of long cool drinks with short round goalkeepers before, during and after matches. Ice hockey goal keepers are the Canadian equivalent of our rugby hookers, purpose built (by the same company did the harbour bridge) to fulfil a tough role in a hard game. Will they bring their best game - I wonder?

I note Ben Sandilands has done a short piece on the proposed ATSB independent review (sorry madam, no audits this week). He also hints that the "process and procedures" will be 'scrutinised'. It's a pretty safe bet that end of the equation will be squeaky clean; but will the TSB dig deep and see if those policies, procedures and protocols are being executed correctly?. Will they dare to look beneath the shiny bright mudguard of the "beyond all reason" model ? Perhaps we should start sending accurate data to the TSB; a file 3 inches thick explaining just what is wrong; then, if the TSB do not wish to examine the rust under the mudguard we can make it all very, very public. The tar sticks where the brush touches.

I like the Canadians; I just wonder if they have any idea, at all, exactly what horrors are hidden under the skirts of Lockhart, Whyalla, Norfolk, Canley Vale and the other twenty or so abominations foisted on an undefended industry. There are after all only 87 outstanding similar reports....

I wonder who's paying for all this?, I wonder at the timing ?, (all blame the last Gumermint) but mostly I wonder how the ICAO states and the Senate can let Pel Air slip away without a word said and then happily countenance a user friendly "review" of process of procedure; we know the process is there FCOL; we don't know why they abused it; or why they cuddled up to the Sleepy Hollow men and become a proven safety liability and embarrassment?. More like revue than review, unless they go for boiler plate 'rear view'.

Yup move on, nothing of any value to see here.

Old Akro - If you take the ATSB budget and divide by the number of reports (air, sea & land) the average reports costs more than $200,000. Surely even McKinsey & Co would be cheaper and faster.

Last edited by Kharon; 2nd Aug 2013 at 03:59. Reason: When rape is imminent, relax and enjoy it. Who's shout is it anyway? – Click.