PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC? WHY?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 01:10
fokker1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spanish ATC? WHY?

My Dear Spanish ATC Controllers,

I have been flying in and out of Spanish airspace over the last few weeks... And have done so for many years.

I know you are very clever, thoughtful, intelligent people, this is why you do this job... Yes?... I know the answer is yes.

It seems that some are back to the usual unhelpful inefficient selves again sadly. surprise surprise.

My Spanish colleague on a couple of flights heard the locals getting all the short cuts.... He was embarrassed, and wanted to say something on the RT but thought it wasn't worth it.

My understanding of Air Traffic Control was that you control an aircraft from A to B in a safe and expeditious manner. This is what the UK, Dutch, German, Swiss, Portuguese, Greek, Scandinavian, Irish ATC [in no particular order] et al do so well. And I thank you all for a job very well done, and for the humour we share when it is 03:00Z and we are all still at work but would rather be at home in bed.

Spanish ATC, please sort your selves out, you bring shame on a great country. every pilot who flies through your airspace hears the negative way you control aircraft, and every aircraft you control pops over to Lisboa, or Brest, or Santa Maria and then talks to a helpful ATC controller who it is a pleasure to talk to.

How come we get no direct routings even if it makes only 2 degrees difference to our track, but yet when we leave Spanish Airspace in any direction, every other sector controller says to all of us XXX direct where ever you want to go?

It wastes time, fuel, environment and anything else you can think off.

Please redeem yourselves and show us how fantastic you can be. I know you can be great.

I really mean it! Come on