PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adagold Aviation
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2013, 23:43
Mick Stuped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LeadSled, shall we start by just having a little peek at CAR 206 and CAR 210 and tell me the difference between a unlicensed operator and a broker. I do know of Brokers that have been shut down by 210 alone.

Obviously you are a man that studies law where I am only one that tries to work within it.

Maybe you can enlighten me as to where in the CAR's and REG's that it states that CASA can only enforce the rules to AOC holders and licenced pilots only.

Quick review of 210 states
A person must not give a public notice, by newspaper advertisement, broadcast statement or any other means of public announcement, to the effect that a person is willing to undertake by use of an Australian aircraft any commercial operations if the last-mentioned person has not obtained an Air Operator's Certificate authorising the conduct of those operations.
Can you tell how a broker doesn't come under this reg?

Nope, foolish me - I forgot level playing fields don't exist in Australia as the umpire is out the back arguing semantics with the crowds.

I also fail to understand how a government tender for public transport can be given to a broker who then goes and chooses who can do the work and throws the odd breadcrumbs to all and sundry according to their whim whilst the operators have to jostle and compete for the work.

Wasn't this simular to what used to happen at the docks and work houses during the depression. Meanwhile the brokers get richer as the operators cut the bottom line to get work to survive. Tell me that's in the interest of safety.

Last edited by Mick Stuped; 1st Aug 2013 at 23:54.