PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - African G-159's
Thread: African G-159's
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2013, 18:13
G1pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALL three CAA(Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation) aircraft were scrapped CBD being the last to survive(Hull only) at Kinshasa Ndolo until 2006 - CBY was the last to see active service which ended in 1998 when they replaced them with AN26's.5Y-BLR was broken up around 2009 from memory in Kisangani.
Thank you very much for the info. I will update the site today.

9Q-COE is still owned and operated weekly by ITAB Lubumbashi in VIP config.
There is another N-Reg G1 based in Lubumbashi for Katanga Express.
The N-Reg. G1 in Lubumbashi should be N159GS

Malu Aviation has just received another G1, 9Q-CNP which was in VIP config but has now been returned to full Pax to replace G1 9Q-CTC which crashed in Djolu Equator DRC earlier this year in Cargo Config(Ex Elvis VIP).
Would you happen to know the serial number of 9Q-CNP? That is a new registration to me.

9Q-CTC crashed???? Crap, that G-1 was serial 001. The first one ever built. Do you have any details? By the way, I have heard the rumors about that aircraft being owned by Elvis at one time. It is not true. Elvis bought serial number 032 to give to Colonel Tom Parker, but he promptly sold it.

The president also has a VIP G1 9Q-CGI which can be found either in Kinshasa or Lubumbashi depending on the position of the President.
Glad to know that one is still going. Wonder if it still has the wild purple interior.

There are another two G1's parked at Kinshasa Ndolo which are ex Fields RSA(Kiki Lemaire) one VIP and one PAX that were used during the presidential election campaign in 2011.
I will see if I can figure what the serial numbers of those two are

So there is something wrong with your database as there are 4 active G1's in DRC alone with another 3 standing(2 N'dolo and 1 N'djili)
It is very difficult to get good and accurate info concerning African G1's from here in the states. Hence the reasons for the questions. Thank you very much for the information. I have full days work for me now updating the website. :-)

Last edited by G1pilot; 1st Aug 2013 at 18:17.