PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 1st Aug 2013, 09:35
Krallu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using glasses - Tell CAA when? Do I need to tell?

If you hold a valid Class 1 medical and you are able to pass it without glasses.

But you don't have 1,0 on each eye but you are within the limits to pass the Class 1 without restrictions. You maybe have around 0,8 or 0,9. Then you don't need glasses to pass the Class 1 medical.

You also do not use glasses in your normal daytime. But you feel that when driving car in dark and sometimes day or watching tv you can cope without glasses but you sometimes feel that it would feel more relaxing to your eyes if you had a couple of glasses to get a little more clear sight.

If you get glasses only for those occasions, sometimes for car driving and tv watching. Is that something you need to tell your medical examiner or CAA?

If I understand the rules correctly it says that if you need glasses regulary you should tell the CAA or medical examiner. But in this case when you only wish to use glasses now or then on special occasions but not all day long. And you still pass Class 1 medical without glasses.

Do I need to tell the CAA about that? Or where is the line between using glasses regulary and not?

Thanks!