PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Electrical Smoke Procedure
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2013, 08:17
Flo121142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@alvesjorge: my original proposal did not talk about realigning the IR in flight as it is impossible in flight, as you correctly mention. The thing I propose is to keep the IR running while in ELEC EMER config, so you never loose it and when you restore the GENs before landing you will have autoland capability.
@fly3: valid point. Anyway, assuming an ILS intercept at 10nm and assuming you restore the Gens around 1mn before intercept you will have the Gens running for roughly 6mn. Airbus does not give an exact time when you should restore the Gens but that it should be done "a few minutes before landing" and before gear extension. I think its up to the PIC to decide if 6mn are too early or justified, considering the actual situation.
@vilas: According to the FCOM this shouldn't happen, at least it is mentioned nowhere. But perhaps they just forgot to mention it or didn't mention it for some reason. If I have some sim time left after my LPC I will try it in the sim and see how it works out.