PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are most airlines requiring fuel uplift calculations by crew
Old 1st Aug 2013, 03:37
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. . and fraud.
I got stitched up one night at Athens. My turn for walk round and refuelling.
Bowser came alongside and connected up, I noted that the gauges were at zero and gave the refueller the shut off amount so that he could dial up the correct number for auto shut off. Normally that was it, he would bring the fuel chit, collect his 20 fags and be gone. This night I noted the fuelling had stopped so went to see, got there in time to see another bowser hooked up and the numbers suggested he had been fuelling some time, not just started!

The story was that bowser #1 had 'run out' so they brought bowser #2 who had just come from the business jet apron. Final uplift, according to the drivers/refuellers was way, way above what it should have been.
An investigation revealed that driver/bowser #2 had fuelled an executive jet and taken cash, come straight to me and tried to get me to pay for the exec jet fuel! driver/bowser #1 was, of course, in cahoots. Cant believe they thought they would get away with it.