PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield telling porkies
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2013, 15:59
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeingflyer

Very unlikely, by paying you have agreed to their terms of contract, i think you would have sue them, claiming that you were badly advised. The good news is that this case will set a precedent for the many others who leave without the full notice period. I alway found this contract to be odd and one sided, on the one hand you are not employed by Brookfield or Ryanair, but by a service agency that you are a director of, so if their is any breech of contract then it is with your service agency, but as a director you could agree to release your self anyway?

I think the line that these service companies are set up to ensure taxes and NI is paid in Ireland is fanciful, the easiest way of ensuring compliance would be to employ the pilots directly either through Ryanair or Brookfield, but of course that would mean one of those organisations paying employers national insurance contributions! and that's not what you want when your an Ultra low cost airline, non of this is illegal, but i would not be surprised if sooner or later this whole set up was looked at in detail, because were it set up with the sole aim of avoiding tax or NI then the rule makers may look again at the rules.

I will read with interest what the analysts at COPA make of the recent fall in profits despite a small rise in volume, it suggest to me that FR are finding it difficult to gain pricing traction sufficient to offset a rise in costs, which appears to be the opposite of others in the sector that have reported this past quarter, i have long held the view that other than a low price, their offering is nothing special, its safe because it has to be, its on time because the business model requires it, other than that, well?

No surprise that bagged charges have been hiked again and having to slow down because of a Ryanair in front of you!! that'll be a first, what cost index are they using? and more importantly what speed in descent?