PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Twin Comanche Drivers?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2013, 11:58
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah good 'ole JF, everybody loved Jack, a real character

He once told me whilst I was killing time in MIA that CASA pretty much made it too hard & not worth while anymore to own/operate the twin, he stuck to his beloved SE toy planes.
It was a privilege to have known Jack, I hope he's up there somewhere moving aside as he always did for the 'big boy's to come on into MIA unhindered

Soz for the thread drift guys but it's worth t!

Yes '39' I know there might be the odd occasion where a go-around is the safest option but the secret there in say yr scenario is to gain speed in level flight first b4 pulling up the first stage of flap as climbing initially wouldn't be the priority.
If there was ever a slight chance that a go-around might be needed at the last minute then providing the rwy was adequate length wise App flap was used for ldg giving one a better margin, just the way Jack said to consider it & I never forgot that.
I used to drive the old DH104's, full flap meant (40deg's) you where committed & going only one way...down !:-) I used to treat all light twins the same way full flap was the same as applying the brakes, it's all part of stopping:-)

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 31st Jul 2013 at 12:42.