PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2013, 01:17
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Philease - I agree that £5 might seem a lot, but there seems to be a rule throughout the UK (possibly much of the world) that transport between an airport and the local city centre must cost an inflated price unless said form of transport stops at every haystack and takes forever. People grumble, but sufficiently often, they pay up. Last time I checked, the X91 from Cardiff airport to city centre cost £3.90

You may wish to know that a one-way from central London to Luton airport by coach costs £15 and a return £20 (with an additional £1 booking fee if you are gullible enough to want to ensure you have a seat by booking on the web in advance). Taking things to an extreme, the Heathrow Express costs £20 one way and £34 return - all for a 15 min journey, and yes people do pay rather than take the tube.

I'd venture that at a £5, someone's decided that the public can probably be persuaded in most cases to pay that much along with the minor odd verbal grumble, compared to the local bus that stops everywhere.

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 31st Jul 2013 at 01:32.