PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2013, 21:44
PaulKerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep a close eye on TP and save out many of the negative reviews before the flag-fairy gets to them.

How come the reviews of other companies aren't visited by such diligent and eager little flag-fairies ?

Has anyone else noticed that on the whole, only those who post glowing 5* reviews are "confirmed purchasers" ?

My own review was mysteriously flagged down within minutes of refusing Nick's request (although to me it sounded a lot more like a bribe) to remove it.

It was reinstated after I proved to TP that I was a genuine customer, though.
Sadly, so many of the poor customers who've written hard-hitting reviews don't bother getting theirs reinstated.

I keep reading the same old excuses from the dropship merchant, time and time and time again. If he got it right first time, he'd not have to spend his time bleating about how damaging negative reviews are to a business as if we should somehow feel sorry for him for his shoddy practices.

It baffles me as to how he can still show "TrustPilot EXCELLENT 5*" on his homepage when the truth of the matter is considerably different.

From now on, if I want aviation related gear, I will go to a genuine retailer, not some guy and his wife operating out of a one-bedroom flat who in five years, still haven't managed to grasp the basics running a business:
Don't over-promise and under-deliver.
Don't advertise something as in stock when it is not.
Don't take money for something you do not have to sell.
Don't ignore emails, telephone calls or answering machine messages.
Don't break promises to return a call.
Don't break promises to refund.
Don't keep giving pathetic excuses and "poor-me" sob-stories to disgruntled customers.
Don't blame anyone or anything else for your own failings.
Don't spend time and energy running around trying to defend against or remove negative comments and reviews.
Don't infer (publicly or otherwise) that your customers are lying.
Don't make claims on your website that are not true.

It's plain to see that the issues with this particular "retailer" aren't just a transient blip due to a few teething troubles. We can see a long-running pattern. It seems to be SOP.

You're right FOZFF, all of Nick's responses have been long winded and flowery with little or no substance.
Which is why I now call them "Bloviation".

Paul..

Last edited by PaulKerry; 30th Jul 2013 at 21:57.