PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreadlocks, long hair/ scholarship and jobs
Old 30th Jul 2013, 12:23
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[ Goatees, dreadlocks, grungy clothing and scruffy appearance are not the things an operator wants his clients to see sitting in the control seat of his million-dollar helicopter.
IRRESPECTIVE of private or Commercial operations Ascend Charlie hit the nail on the head.

I am not prejudiced, I do know "Rastas" wear Dreadlocks, smoke Dope and are pretty chilled, laid-back people.
Therefore, A Dreadlocked person presenting themselves to rent my (very expensive) Heli, would be mentally pigeonholed into this bracket.

As a Businessman, I'd want to see a conventional, prepared, professional and rule / law abiding self-fly hirer of my machine.

IF I were chartering it out, the Client would expect a Professional Pilot
First impressions count....if the Pilot looks like a "head", he's kicking 5h1t uphill from the off..

It's all a big game....play by the rules, you won't handicap yourself on that score.....plenty more-worthwhile battles than appearing Unconventional.

Yes! been there, done that, beard, shoulder-length hair, the lot....bimnned for suit /tie /company car /Expense account /Telephone.

That job set me up!